Reason
Other
Country
KOR
State
Seoul
City
Seoul
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. I'm a 21 year-old male with severe case of hypochondria.

Being a hypochondriac, whenever my muscle twitched or felt weak, I always dreaded that I have ALS. But not a long time ago I found this site and read the stickies and that really helped me a ton. now I know feeling weak doesn't mean it's actually weak, and feeling that something is on my throat is not a symptom of bulbar onset ALS.

HOWEVER...

Yesterday I was just normally drinking water, and suddenly I felt as if my esophagus is thinning/closing itself... and became harder to breathe. I was also having dry heaves and needless to say now I'm in a state of total panic. I thought sleeping would help ease these symptoms but nope, now I can't even drink water without feeling like I'm getting choked.
Is this a symptom of bulbar onset ALS? should I take EMG?

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
Please see a doctor. If you have actually read the stickies, you know the forum position on twitches and perceived weakness. No ALS. Please do not feed your admitted hypochondria here.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
I agree with ShiftKicker. Also, the sensation of throat closing off is a classic anxiety symptom. Please get help, but not here.

Mangoflavored

Reason
Other
Country
KOR
State
Seoul
City
Seoul
Please see a doctor. If you have actually read the stickies, you know the forum position on twitches and perceived weakness. No ALS. Please do not feed your admitted hypochondria here.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to annoy anyone here with my hypochondria... I was just too scared. I've never felt like this before so I didn't know what to do. Anyways thanks for the reply! I'll try to calm myself now..

Status
Not open for further replies.