Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
Greetings,

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

A few weeks ago I had an EMG of my right arm and leg. The EMG was completely clear with no abnormalities reported. Leading up to this day I had not noticed any twitching on the right side of my body, it seemed to be exclusive to the left side.

Sometime has elapsed and now I suddenly have began to notice a change with my throat. My voice feels hoarse at certain pitches. I went to an ENT who said the muscle on the left side of my neck was a bit tight and my voice box was somewhat inflamed and she seemed to believe it was related to acid reflux.

I have not had problems swallowing food nor drinking liquids. I have noticed that certain words I am pronouncing differently when I talk fast and there are times when the right words are not articulated.

Anxiety is such a horrible thing and I have never considered myself to be an anxious person until now. My only question is, if an EMG was completed in an arm and leg would that be enough to rule out Bulbar Onset?

Thanks for helping me with this answer. When I am paid, I plan to support this group with a small donation. You are all amazing, loving people to help others in need. ❤️

Jordan

Jordan, you have posted previously and asked the same questions. Here is the previous thread:

The first sign of bulbar tends to be slurred speech that others notice, not hoarse voice or an inflamed voice box. You had a clean EMG in a symptomatic area (limbs). This rules out ALS. So you don’t need to be here. Please get help for your anxiety. Take a look at the forum “No more panic”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back