Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
City
Crossville
Hi I’m so sorry to anyone who is going through this pain it’s cruel Disease. My dad died 2 years ago from it at 45 with als of the
Limbs . I’m 26 I have began to notice
Some Worrisome symptoms myself . 6 months ago my arms felt like they was vibrating then it went to my eye and lip twitching as of last week when i swollow saliva or liquid I feel that thing in my throat when Swallowing I’m not choking and it doesn’t happen with food . Anyone with relatable symptoms I have just not started getting insurance so making appoinments as of now that I can . Thanks and god
Bless any help would be appreciated

I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

I would look at the possibilities for improving your diet, hydration, sleep, stress and allergies or GERD if you have them, but I see no reason to worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

but when u have bulbar als doesn’t it start with not being able to get down liquids I don’t feel this on my throat only with liquid not food very scary thanks for the message back

I'm not sure whether you are saying you feel something or not, but the issue in ALS is function. If you're not choking, coughing, leaking, regurgitating, or exhausted while eating or drinking, it's not a bulbar issue, and, even if you are, there would be outcomes like weight loss that would signal an actual loss of function vs. some other concern. And, of course, bulbar onset ALS would not present with widespread twitching.

See a doctor -- s/he can track your strength and suggest next steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back