Learn about ALS
Country
GR
State
greece
City
Athens
Hi
I have reposted another post here for worrying i might have ALS. I was in the proccess of getting better from my anxiety, but today i had something weird. I felt my tongue twitching. I also have a weird feeling while swallowing, like phlegm in throat, and a lumpy thing at the base of my tongue. I also feel that sometimes my words are not being told correctly, like for example yesterday i said instead of cheese (with z) cheese (with s instead of z). I am really worried i may have bulbar ALS progression.
I can do the tests for my tongue, the strength is good, i can move it side to side (not very quickly but fairly enough), and i can say ka pa la many times quickly. Sometimes i have problem pronouncing ra but anyway. I also suffer from slight dementia, like i cant find words to talk, (very mild) and i am worrying. I also have muscle twitching all over my body too, although the time i was relaxing for 3-4 days they started decreasing... I dont choke when drinking water or eating food, but i feel weird when i swallow my own saliva,spit. I also feel my throat ( atthe base of my tongue dry and other times like phlegmy). Any idea about that?
i also checked my tongue about weird spots like if it was deteriorating in size but it seems quite normal. I really know that the chances of having bulbar ALS especially in the age of not even 20 (in 1 month 20 ) are reallyyyyy small, (without family history of ALS as i at least know), but when i put together all my symptoms it seems like its the beggining of the disease (initial stages). Any support here or opinions?
Please help me because i am really worried...

i forgot to mention that often feel my saliva is accumulating into my mouth, but i can swallow it when i want. But its like uncosciously my tongue stopped working or something...

also muscle twitching started at the end of december, and problems with throat and slurred speech 20 january or something...

Have you been to the dr? All this self testing is going to drive you crazy. Self diagno sing is not good you can't diag nois youself. I can tell you to stop but you are the only one who can do it. I know it is hard, as my dis ease progresses I too find myself testing but I stop because it does no good but to feed the fear.

Only a dr can give you your answers, and if that means waiting for the appt, then so be it. Keep a journal of all you symp toms, sometimes writing them down helps and it will really help the dr when you get an appt. In the mean time be patient, enjoy this time because you won't get it back and why waste time on things you can't change. If you turn out to have something dreadful then you will need these good memories to look back on. Remember it may take months or even years to get a diag nosis, it took 5 years to get mine. Is that time that should be spent worrying or time spent making good memories?

I wish you peace. Good luck.

Last edited:
i have been to a neurologist on the 27th of january and he checked my reflexes, my myscle power, and my balance, and he said i was fine.

Well then if you still son't accept it go get a second opinion. Other wise get a life, go enjoy, be happy. Maybe you need some couciling or therapy to help you with your anxiety.

may i ask if in bulbar ALS one has problems with balance?
The doctor didnt check me for bulbar ALS or anything similar to it. Actually the posibility of me having the disease is 0.000045% which is small, but still i am afraid, what if i am that one person ? (its easier to gain the lottery and be a billionaire than have bulbar ALS in my age).. I stopped being anxious since 4 days ago and yet, another symptoms popped up. Either way, i ll have blood tests in 1-2 weeks. Does blood test show if you have ALS? (for example if you have high amount of white blood cells?).

does blood test show if you have als? (for example if you have high amount of white blood cells?).

no

no

no

ne brreeeeeeeee

may i ask if in bulbar ALS one has problems with balance

yes, ...........

:?:

......... it does not sound like ALS !

........ you do not have ALS !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back