Learn about ALS
Country
QAT
State
qatar
City
Doha
Hi,
Sorry if can’t keep myself away of this forum and spend your time, but I’m really scared. Is this a bulbar onset? Did someone have the same symptoms?
-In July I had vertigo and the ENT doc gave motion sick pills and went away in a few days
-I observed a short breath for 2 weeks but then I was ok
-night time my hands got numb but I moved closing-opening them and it was ok
-beginning of Sept. hand and leg slightly numb
-In a few days It started my nightmare – all my face, mouth, jaws, tongue were pins and needles and twitches all over my body. I saw o few doc. Including a neuro.I had a brain CT scan, MRI with contrast both clear. The neurolog gave me ordinary vitamins , 3 injections with b1,b6 and b12 and Lyrica. The numbness of my face is coming and going.
-I started to feel my arms and legs week, although I manage to do all the house work .I work very slowly.
-Last week again pins and needles in face , tongue, forehead, nose, throat are back night by night .I fell them starting from the tongue and going to all my face and down till my stomach . It can’t be anxiety because I’m asleep when they start.
-from last night this sensation of numb face didn’t go away. Looks like be worst on the left side. I feel my left eye little bit closer than the right one .I can drink liquids , chew and my my speech is still normal.
On 15th Oct I have an app for an EMG but till that day my mind is out of control. I’m scared for my kids , for my old father.
Are these bulbar ALS symptoms? How fast things change from this point? I pray to be in "good shape " till Dec.- Jan when i meet my daughter to have time to prepare her for...
I appreciate any help. Thank you.

You must get control of yourself - Oct 15 is not long to wait. Many people wait months and months. All of your worrying will not change anything.

Meanwhile, stay off the Internet, stop examining yourself, go outside for fresh air. Breathe deep. Listen to relaxing music.

That's the only advice, I can offer you. We do care, but we can't do the waiting for you - anything else said would not reach you because you are so distraught right now. Please come back after you've seen the neuro and let us know outcome.

Thanks Elaine for your advice.I'm trying hard but my heart tears inside me for my daughter that is too much attached to me.She is along overseas studying and I'm her best friend. Please pray for me to be able to say like you: I trust God that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
God bless you.

In less than 2 weeks you will go to the dr and hopefully have your fears to put rest. Between now and then try to relax. I know easier said than done, we have all been in your shoes. Try and get some rest and find something that is relaxing. Take a nice long hot bath with some soothing candles. Nothing will be gained from all this worry, it won't change anything. What will be will be, take one day at a time. I wish you peace.

Thanks Vickim, I will try my best.I know you are so right. I prey God to give me strength and peace, to comfort me and to increase my faith.
Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back