Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ME
City
Greenwood
Just looking for some input on Bulbar symptoms… A few weeks ago I woke up to excruciating jaw pain. Which then turned into my tongue feeling numb/weird. Fast forward the next week I woke up having a very hard time chewing and swallowing. The chewing has improved some but the swallowing still feels weird. I went to the ENT and my throat was red but everything looked normal (maybe LPR). My lips and cheeks feel like they have novacaine In them and my saliva has increased in the last few days. I’m not slurring words and my tongue can move freely. I made the mistake of googling my symptoms and ALS popped up. Has anyone had symptoms like this and been diagnosed with Bulbar?

Hello-

We do ask that people read this first: Read Before Posting

Reading that link you'll find that nothing you list would make a doctor concerned about ALS, let alone anything neurological. The ALS hallmark symptom is loss of muscle function. You do not report anything like that- only sensory issues and what appears to be the results of some sort of inflammation.

Keep working with your doctors, but this forum doesn't appear to be the place for you.

Take care

Hi, thank you. I just went down the rabbit hole and think I really worked myself up over all this. I feel like I’m choking on myself with all the saliva which really concerned me. Perhaps the anxiety is causing an over production of saliva. I appreciate your reply

Food allergies and teeth grinding in sleep are other possibilities to explore. Agree this does not provoke concern for ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back