Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
having a hard time wit brushing teeth. i lost my caretaker. havent been able to find a new helper. i cant talk or do anything for myself. cant sip water so how do i rinse my mouth. i just want to die. cant take it any more.

cukita, so sorry to hear that you are having problems brushing your teeth. I wish I could be of some help. I am sure some one will step forward and give you a hint or two. Nice to hear from you. I have not been posting much. The year 2008 has been kind of crossed. I just got out of the hospital nearly 3 weeks ago. I had a complete hysterectomy on the 23rd of October. I feel a lot better. Still a little sore, but I am okay. Thank God. You take care of yourself. May God bless you. Sorry to hear you lost your caretaker. Where is your son?

Irma

having a hard time wit brushing teeth. i lost my caretaker. havent been able to find a new helper. i cant talk or do anything for myself. cant sip water so how do i rinse my mouth. i just want to die. cant take it any more.

Hi Cukita,
Do you have any family or friends that can step in and help you out? Is someone working on trying to get you another caretaker? Do you have a social worker? I know those are lots of questions, but I'm worried about you as you sound pretty depressed. Let us know how you are doing and if we can help in some way.
Laurel

irma, sorry to hear about ur surgery. my son has been doing al the work.
laurel, i do have family but they r to busy or just dont care except for my mom. se cooked us food for a week. she can only help me on weekends

Cukita99,

Have you contacted any churches in your area? Many churches have outreach ministries to those who are "sick and shut-in".

How about your local ALS chapter? I may be pulling at straws here but they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Zaphoon

cukita:

Please know that we are here for you, although we may not be able to help directly because we are far away. We are in this together. I will pray that one of the suggestions mentioned above will work for you.

My husband had a toothbrush that hooked up to the suction machine so he didnt have to spit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back