Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
New Brunswick
City
Miramichi
My Brother Frank has been taken home. He had ALS starting in 2003 and just diagnoissed Dec 2007. His had slow degeneration until this fall and as it excellerated in the past three months we could then see a big difference from one week to another. He was strong, and accepted what ever came his way. On monday morning he got up with help and got dressed and could communicate a little to let them (Wife and Daughter) know what he wanted. He passed away mid morning peacefully.
It was only a year ago in February when my good friend Leah Whipple (Granny) was taken home having this same terrible disease. God Rest their Souls.
In our small community in the past three years there have been four taken with ALS. Hopefully very soon they will find a cause and cure. God Bless All. Joan

I am so sorry for your loss.

Sharonca

Joan,
I'm sure your brother was an inspiration as he accepted whatever came his way with this disease. Now you can find peace knowing that his was a peaceful death.
I'll be thinking of you and your family as you grieve the loss of Frank. You've suffered so much loss from this disease in such a short time. Hopefully each day brings us closer to a cure.
Peace to you and your family,
Jane

My condolences to you and your family Jon.

May Frank rest in peace. Joan, my condolence to you and your family. God bless!

Irma

Joan-
I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
Kaija

I send my condolences and prayers.

So sorry for your loss Joan. I remember Granny well. She was a frequent poster here and a friend to many.
My condolences to you and your family.
AL.

Brother Frank at Peace

Thank you all very much, We are so thankful that God took him home, now we know he is at peace now and we are comforted by knowing how much Faith he had and patiently waiting to be called.

Very sorry for the loss of your brother. May he rest in peace...

Our prayers are offered for your brother Frank, to you for your loss, and to all to suffer from this dread disease. We also pray that as we proceed down the motor neuron disease trail, that God will watch over us, ride with us, fly with us, and bless the many caregivers who are burdened with caring with PALS.

Hello Joan- I am sorry for the loss of your borhter and also your friend. I remember Granny too. It is always sad when we lose another PAL but sader still for our caregivers left behind. Cindy

My condolences Joan

My condolences to you and your family Joan.

May your brother rest in peace.

Paty
Baja California, Mexico
Cals to late husband Jorge

Since I wrote my note in June 2008 about my brother dying of ALS there have been quite a few people here within a 10 mile radius who have passed away with this horrible disease. Brother 2008, Granny 2008, her neighbour 2007, my friends father 2008, two young ladies in the city one 2009 and on e just yesterday age 60.. This disease has no boundries, no cause or cure. Lets pray that they find at least a cause so they can work on a cure. All of these victims had different symptons in the begining, from weak hands, sore foot, slurred speach, weak leg, nothing similair. God Bless all who have fallen victim to this disease.

you are right ALS knows no bounderies xx Ang

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back