Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to you all

Thanks for all the kind words and hopes I appreciate it very much. We'll wait for the MRI and than go from there.

If I really have this it was a fluke that it was found as the intial problem (thumb weakness) has been gone for 1/2 a year now and I truly feel pretty good, if it wasn't for an abnormal emg they'd have no basis for their argument.Well if my brother is my yard stick I've got a long way to go.

I also thought the MRI was used to rule out other causes, the shrunken/weathered spinal cord my brother says was seen in his MRI isn't a sign of ALS as I understand but would be an indication of something else.

Basically what I'm saying is when ALS symptoms are present an MRI is used to rule out other causes, if the spinal cord looks normal than possible ALS, a shrunken cord would be indicitive of something else.

Anyways, again thanks to you all and I'll wish on a star for you tonite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been following this thread, but do not have the medical or practical experience to offer advice.

I knew the group would jump in and find the results from your brother, and the rush to diagnose you a bit suspicious.

I don't know Dr. Cashman, but his reputation is obviously well known and was seduced to work in Vancouver. Now who could resist with those mountains to look at.

Anyway, these guys and dolls are right, hang in there, don't give up.

Truthfully I feel better today than I did a week ago ,I knew this group would be a good thing.

I don't want to constantly talk to my loved ones about this ALS, but it is always on my mind, with this board it's the reason we're here.

Sometimes it is easier to relate to something when you both have the same illness.

Most of my family and friends are really supportive but they don't really know how I feel. The people here do. That's why most of us stay around.

I'm glad you are feeling better. Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back