06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
My dear friends,

So many have asked where I have been-and I thank you. Now, are ya'll ready for my timetable?

1/09 middle son, Avery, makes the high school varsity baseball team, with a full schedule of games that ended on 6/2/09

3/09 oldest son, Evan, wins indoor state track meet in pole vaulting

3/09 youngest son, Ian, joins a traveling baseball team that will continue to play in weekend tourneys until 10/09

3/09 re-applied for SSD with an onset date of 1/1/09-which is when I reduced my employment to meet their ( the gov't) income guidelines

4/09- just a blur...lots and lots of baseball games! And I did get confirmation that my disability was approved and effective 6/1/09

5/09 careful now, this one will make your head spin! Evan won the OUTDOOR state champion title in pole vault

I received the extended campus student of the year award and attended, and spoke at, two different honors programs-one local university and one universit 2 hrs away

Evan and I practiced waltzing for 4 weeks prior to his SR prom waltz with mom

Evan was named prom king

Evan graduated from high school

Avery played on a city league baseball team since high school baseball was over

Ian played 3 weekend tourneys with his travel team and 2 nights a week with his city league team

Hubby Dan is head coach of Ian's city team and asst coach of Avery's city league team

6/09
I went wth Evan for college orientation ( all day )

I turned 49.

I think I planted all 24 impatients

I officially retired from my nurse position

We listed our "flip house" with a realtor, and are praying for a buyer soon

Ian finished city league baseball last Sunday, 3rd place in league, 2nd place in tourney

Avery and I attended the high school baseball banquet tonight

Evan got a part time job at a local grocery store

hubby Dan has been cutting hay for about a week now

AND THE COOLEST THING OF ALL..

.I was on here about a week ago and read a post from Barry I think...about the major league baseball tickets for 7/4/09..........

So I registred, and got the email yesterday-yep, me and the boys-roadtrip to Cincinnati OH to see the Cards and the Reds play!

Avery has already asked if I can throw out the first pitch!
Don't know the answer to that one...

So, as this post will tell you, I'm busier than I was BEFORE ALS!

No need to respond, and I'm sorry for the length... but I'm doing good-still don't talk worth a damn, but I give it my best.

And, I'm still eating, walking, driving ( but not every day) and yep, still smoking a few menthol cigarettes most days!

I haven't forgotten any of you, but, geez, I'm worn out!

my prayers stay with us all,
brenda

Wow Brenda! That is a lot going on, I'm tired out just reading about it. Have fun at the game and I hope you do get to throw out the first pitch!

Barry :grin:

Brenda-

So, what do you do in your spare time?!?!?

Congratulations on your award & your speaking "engagements"!
Have fun at the game- see, ALS has it's "perks"!?!?! LOL

Mare

Wow Brenda. Enjoy the game!

Brenda,
I just wish you and your family would have some achievement's.. You guys are so lazy..lol... In all seriousness good for you and your's, such a nice lady, the apple sure does not fall from the tree.. Thank you for sharing such uplifting news.. great job..Your family and you are awesome:p

... and what is it you do in your spare time? :lol: I fully expect your dog to win best of show at Madison Square Garden. (If you have a dog, that is.)

Bottom line: I guess this means one can have a rich, full life with ALS ! Who'da thunk it!?!

Brenda,

You wore me out! I got pooped by just reading all of that activity... Your life seems full of a lot of good things happening.

Blessings on you!

Zaphoon

No need to respond! ha. No time to read our replies, probably!

You are an amazing woman, mother and wife. Congrats on all of the milestones~!~!

Happy belated B-day~!

Love,
Cindy

Brenda,

Happy belated Birthday! You have every reason to be proud of your family.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back