Reason
Other
Country
AUS
State
Victoria
City
Melbourne
Firstly I want to thank you all in advance for taking the time and effort to read this post I know time and effort are so incredibly valuable to PALS/CALS.

I have taken the time to read the sticky’s and understand that I fall into the lowest possible risk group.

To make this short I have been experiencing muscles twitches in my stomach mostly in the diaphragm and neck.

I am only 24 years of age from Melbourne Australia no history of any medical issues, anxiety or mental health problems.

I have been experiencing swallowing issues, not food getting stuck, no pain just food getting left in my throat. I’ve also had difficulty swallowing fluids. No choking.

Recently breathing issues have started to present I don’t feel like I’m gasping for air or anxious it’s just more difficult to breath like I can’t inhale as deeply and like my breathing is restricted, feels like muscle in my stomach and chest are fatigued.

I have seen my GP/PCP, he noted Hyperreflexia in my reflex’s.

He has decided to send me for a gastroscopy next week to check for reflux as that’s what he believes is causing my symptoms.

I appreciate the time you have taken to read this post and understand the chances of this being ALS are very slim but I would appreciate your opinions and thoughts.

Acid reflux can cause the symptoms you report. I'm glad he is sending you to a gastro for evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back