Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
US
State
FL
City
The Villages
Hello everyone! My breathing has been declining over the past 9-12 months. FVC is down to 34% from 48%, and the current MIP is -8. My question is how I "feel vs look" in my mid-torso. I'm not overweight (6'2" and 179), but my stomach feels like there's is something pushing outward. Physically, it feels like I have a pot belly but when I glance downward, or in the mirror, it's not. It's getting a bit annoying. Has anyone else had this feeling? Could it be my diaphragm losing it's tone and making it feel like it's pushing outward?

I had a very similar post a while ago. I was told it's the inevitable Buddha belly that happens when our ab muscles weaken.

Yes. Distressing and creates wardrobe challenges. :confused:

Quad gut!! I hate it!! Losing your stomach muscles makes everything free to expand do to the lack of support. I was fit and not over weight, but the gut... Luckily at this point I am so physically messed up due to muscles wasting that it doesn't bother me any more.

Ahh the Buddha belly. Funny I was talking to my husband yesterday about that. I was in the try on room yesterday trying on clothes. I got a good look at myself in the full length mirror 🙄 that was an eye opener. My thighs are starting to look like jello and my belly is starting to get round. Doesn't help that I've put on 7lbs. We women have it easier than you men in that respect, I'm buying comfortable loose dresses.

I found out yesterday that if I recline the back of my PWC, I can (sometimes) button the top button of my already two-sizes-too-large shorts! I usually get two tries. If I don't make it on one of them, it ain't gonna happen. 😬

So, that's what it is. I wondered why my tummy looked like perfectly risen loaf of bread.
1625442342161.jpeg

I thought I was turning into the Pillsbury Dough Boy's mother😟.
1625451588211.jpeg

I’m so pleased that you mentioned this. I’m losing weight but am developing a big belly… but I guess this is the least of my problems really 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back