Diagnosis
02/2016
Country
US
State
SC
City
Summerville
Ironically, the VA delivered the power chair and the assisted speech device from TalkToMe Techologies yesterday and Tom passed away yesterday evening. So...I have a Permobil M300 Power Chair and an assisted speech device that have never been used. The assisted speech device can be used with your hands or your eyes and comes with a stand as well as a table stand. You could also order a device that attaches to a wheelchair to hold it from TalkToMe Technologies. You would need to be able to pick them up in Summerville, SC. Otherwise they are free! Let me know if you are interested. I am offering them here first. Please respond only if you do not have other resources (like VA or Medicare) to cover them. If I have no takers in a reasonable amount of time I will donate them locally.

Hi Sandy, There was a semi local group of pals who really needed equipment. I found a good home for all of Steve's stuff and it helped out some pals. Hope you are able to find someone.

Hi Sandy,

My mom was diagnostic ALS early this year, and right now she has trouble to speak anything, so an assisted speech device would really be helpful for her. She is a dependent to us and has nothing to cover for her as medical device, so if we can get this her, it would be really help for us to communicate easy with her. Thank you very much.

Bless you, Sandy, for your fantastic generosity. Hope a truly deserving person will benefit from your unbelievable generosity.

The speech device is going to a Man from Mexico who has bulbar onset and is here in the US for medical treatment as he can get none where he lives in Mexico. He is a client of Tom's respiratory therapist. He has no insurance and is not even allowed to go back to the ALS clinic at MUSC until he gets insurance. It will go through the South Carolina ALS association directly to him. The South Carolina ALS Association will also take the wheelchair to donate to another deserving person who has no other resources to get one. I could not in good conscience sell them when we received them for free and I am not in a situation where I need the money to survive. I am glad that someone else will get to make use of them though Tom could not.

So kind of you. I would feel the exact same way. It's so nice to know that someone in need that can't get one otherwise will make good use of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back