ccox

Country
US
State
TX
City
austin
Hello all,
My mother (diagnosed June 07) just went to the hospital for extreme pain in her side. She's had her appendix out, so that's not it. She's been suffering from constipation, but her husband assures me that they took measures to combat it and she has gone several times in the last two days. Could she still have an obstruction/compaction?
He asked that I not come to the hospital, as it would really just be a lot of waiting around. I just wonder if y'all have any ideas what it might be. I left my sister a message on her phone but I know when she calls back she'll be all freaked out. I was hoping to have some information to give her to calm her worries.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Carla

Hi ccox. Is your mom on Rilutek? If anything it usually makes you loose. Is she on any painkillers with codeine? That will usually bung you up. No ideas what else it could be. Sorry.
AL

Thanks for the reply. All is well this morning. I guess they gave her something powerful at the hospital and sent her home. She thought it was taken care of with at home treatments (enemas, softeners, etc.), but I guess it was only doing a minimal job.
She gets a PEG on Tuesday---thank the good Lord! It will go a long way toward helping her to stay hydrated. She's never liked drinking water and even more so since her swallowing has become a problem.
Take care,
Carla

Glad things are looking up, Carla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back