Bowel Issues/Questions-Seeking Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay, thanks for the update again. I’ve gone through about the same but may be a little further along in the recovery process so perhaps this will be helpful. I was where you are in my bowel management plan about 3 weeks ago and the gas was miserable. Also the unpredictable large bms at every time of the day (or night) every few days followed with some days of none was extremely difficult. What has worked for me is 1/2 dose of Miralax and a cup of coffee with breakfast in bed every morning and then a nice little Hoyer ride to the commode. So for weeks now I’m doing the breakfast routine and having a bm every morning at 10 am while a caregiver is here to help. I do still pass gas sometimes as you say during position changes but my stomach is not painful. I find the daily 1/2 dose of Miralax makes me more regular than trying different doses on different days based on what’s happening. For me the Miralax causes gas but the smaller regular dose and coffee (caffeine) works quite well. My doctor and home nurse have both recommended daily Miralax forever. I’ve just reduced the amount. Good luck on getting even better! 😊

Thanks for this update :)

I'm taking Tramadol for back pain, so I've started Miralax daily to prevent constipation. For the past 5 days, my bowel movement has changed from normal stool to very skinny stool in large amounts . . . looks like baby sausage links -- accompanied by explosive gas. I suppose I should be thankful that this happens daily with no constipation. Diagnosed in November 2019 and still dealing with acceptance . . .

I have the same problem, I have found that eating a handful of peanuts and a Pepsi every afternoon while watching TV helps a lot, no bloating and gas is reduced.

Thought I'd give a further update since my last one on March 25th. Since then, I would go 3-4 days with relatively normal BMs, mild gas and cramping followed by 2-3 days of liquid and /or small BMs with liquid. Further dialogue with doctor led him to conclude that I may have Irritable Bowel syndrome brought on by the UTI I had around Christmas. So he recommended reinstituting a probiotic along with Tomorrow Morning Sunfiber, which is available on Amazon and appears to be designed to help regulate BMs and the doctor mentioned absorption of liquid. That process will begin today. Hopefully this brings more regularity.

I'll update after a couple weeks re hopeful progress

I hope this is helpful to some.

Thought I'd give a further update since my last one on March 25th. Since then, I would go 3-4 days with relatively normal BMs, mild gas and cramping followed by 2-3 days of liquid and /or small BMs with liquid. Further dialogue with doctor led him to conclude that I may have Irritable Bowel syndrome brought on by the UTI I had around Christmas. So he recommended reinstituting a probiotic along with Tomorrow Morning Sunfiber, which is available on Amazon and appears to be designed to help regulate BMs and the doctor mentioned absorption of liquid. That process will begin today. Hopefully this brings more regularity.

I'll update after a couple weeks re hopeful progress

I hope this is helpful to some.
Good luck with this and thanks for the update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back