Botox injections for spastic muscles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of shows just how badly the medical industry is overcharging people. If you didn't have insurance you'd have been stuck with that higher number

>Egads

hah ... haven't heards that since The Music Man ~62 :)

Very helpful thread for me. Will investigate with doc if Botox will help with my hammer toes! I learn so much here!

Hi dkcarl,

I think it would definitely worth it to talk to your doctor about botox for your toes. I have pretty bad problems with my toes curling and spasming, but the injections in the bottom of my foot seem to be helping with that. My toes are starting to straighten out.

Somebody upthread (John, I think) mentioned getting injections again this month - have you had it done yet? If so, do you know how many units you had done?

I'm at about 2.5 weeks post injections, which is around the time the effects are supposed to really show up. So far, I've noticed that my foot doesn't cramp as much, the outside of my shins are looser and aren't spasming as much, and my quad muscles are relaxing a bit. Pain level in my legs is way down, which is my favorite part. At this point, I think I will probably have it done again, but I think I will also ask for a larger dose.

Hopefully the next time around won't be so traumatic. That really caught me off guard, since everybody I read about on the internet said it was relatively easy. I had a total of eight injections, in six different muscles, though, so maybe it was just the cumulative effect of so many muscles at one time. Who knows.

But for now, I'm still recommending it to those of you thinking about it.

Thanks for the info Suzannah. Definitely on track to pursue Botox for the hammertoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back