11/2004
Country
NZ
State
Auckland
City
Auckland
Book: Losing My Voice! Living With Motor Neurone Disease

I was diagnosed with ALS in late 2004 while living and working in Sydney, Australia. In retrospect my first symptoms (coughing, crying and yawning) started several years earlier. My husband and family were still living in New Zealand and I chose to remain in Sydney and continue working as a clinical research associate. For the next two and a half years I travelled extensively for work and holidays while slowly losing my voice and my ability to eat. I feel fortunate that my mobility had not yet been affected allowing me to do so much. I have since returned to live in Auckland.

I have written a book about my experiences Losing My Voice! Living With Motor Neurone Disease. The book can be purchased on line at www.losingmyvoice.com

Losing My Voice was published on October 1 and feedback is very positive.

Feedback is that it is "riveting - a cannot put down" story.

More feedback "Your book was absolutely inspiring. You are an amazing person and doing so much for people with motor neurone disease by writing about your experiences. And also for the families and friends of people with motor neurone disease in helping them to understand what is happening and what people are going through."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back