Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Francisco
Happy to say no weakness other than rubbery legs but I’ve read that some ALS presents as sudden widespread fasics. Needless to say this is freaking me out. I’ve also read that ALS fascics are very frequent. Mine are nonstop and occur every few seconds. Every day is a new symptom. I have hyperreflexia and have recently noticed my quads getting very tight. Does this sound like early stage ALS? I am terrified.

Let me guess -- you have not seen a doc.

See one, to rule out clinical weakness and other signs of illness/injury, then live your life and don't Google anything more about ALS.

No, it does not sound like early ALS.

Best,
Laurie

I actually did see a neurologist. She has me schedule for an EMG. She said that there was no muscle weakness but did find a clonus. What is the relationship between fasciculations and clonus? Does mean MND is more likely?

There are many causes of clonus. You say “ a clonus” how many beats? Up to five are normal and as meaninless as twitches

Thanks for feedback everyone. Definitely less than 5. I think I’m just going to unplug from Dr. Google and enjoy a beer.

Hi there.
You have to make it an iron rule to stay away from Doctor Google. Every other symptom you'll punch in the box will come out as cancer, als, creutzfeld-jakob and whatnot. I've NEVER seen someone seeking relief for some symptoms via Google and getting it. All you get is being buried alive in the rabbit hole of fear.

As for you fasics, most of them when they relate to ALS tend to stick to the area that's taking the actual hit, motorwise. In BFS, at contrary, they tend to be very widespread and just 'hit and run' if you will, which, if I read you well, is what you seem to experience.

Mines are bodywide....though more in both legs and the frequency is what really bothers me. They are completely nonstop. Can someone tell how bfs fascics differ from ALS fascics? I’ve read that ALS is much more frequent and constant.

Hon it is best if you go back to your doctor if concerned. We won't describe anything for you as what happens is that you will convince yourself that is how they are for you.

You are not describing ALS but only your doctor can really help you figure anything out. I wish you all the best.

Joey, ThroughThatValley answered your question about fascics in detail.

Please don't post again until you have your EMG report. Instead, spend that time doing the things that most people here can't do.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back