Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
GB
City
London
I am a 17 year old male who last month experience fasciculations in my forearm which went away after a day of two. Naturally during this time I googled symptoms and thought it could be ALS.

A month later I am now getting fasciculation that spread from my forearm to my entire body for 4 days now. Today I saw a doctor who said to see a neurologist and soon after I am now epxerienceing tightness in my left cheek around the mouth. I have experienced no forms of muscle atrophy as of yet but I am very very scared that I do have ALS.

This does not sound like ALS, and I am sure the doctor is just covering the bases. There is no reason to think you will ever have muscle weakness or atrophy. Harmless fasciculations are very common, and tightness around the mouth is often a sign of stress.

You will be less scared if you talk to a parent, teacher, friend, neighbor...someone you trust who can reassure you. Don't get lost in these fears.

Best,
Laurie

Many thanks for your reply Laurie, today’s marks a week since my fasiculations started up again and I feel a lot more like they are stressed caused rather than anything serious. I will keep trying to avoid Dr Google and my mind spiralling into thinking the worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back