Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
Question, will I still be able to blow my nose at the end or will that go with breathing muscles? I notice my cough getting weaker because I have a hard time getting things out when I aspirate, but I can't tell if it's gotten harder to blow nose. You know how when things are gradual you don't always notice something worsening until a certain tipping point? I got a bunch of fails in several areas at clinic this time and I haden't even noticed the change until asked to perform.

Mary was a serious nose blower and now weak cough , using machine -no longer can blow nose.

I know you're probably tired of reading this, but it varies. My husband when on 24/7 BiPAP could still blow/cough a bit but at times we also used a baby nasal aspirator with an angled tip (he had a deviated septum and severe sinus issues). For those using a suction machine, you could also try an olive tip attachment for nasal use.

As furnace season approaches, it's a good time to change furnace filters, BiPAP air filters, etc.

I have less force and have to concentrate when I blow. I also have dedicated nose pickers. Whoever said you can't pick a friend's nose was wrong.

We use 3 q-tips, but YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back