Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
FL
City
North Port
So today would have been my dad's 71st birthday. I woke up just fine. I thought to myself, okay you got this. As the day wears on I am fighting back the tears. I remember last year on his birthday he cried so bad when we sang to him. He knew it would be his last. He knew!!! Just when I think I am pulling myself out of this depressive abyss, something pulls me back down again. Sorry, just venting....

And to boot, my oldest son graduated college with a degree in accounting and is having a very difficult time finding a job. He feels that noone will hire him without experience. I asked him if a online job would be more beneficial to him and he is still worried noone will hire him without experience. ugh!!!

Good to see you here :)

So normal to have all those trigger memories and sadness on his birthday. It may be a really hard day for a few years yet, but it will, with time, become less hard. You loved him so much that you will grieve and hurt a long time.

I hope your son finds a good startup job soon, there is a lot of competition but if he is determined and open to anything he will do well.

Birthdays, holidays... they're going to suck for a while. I know what you mean about being pulled back in to the abyss. I'm starting to get into that "some good days, some bad days" mode. All it takes is something to trigger a memory and into the abyss you go...

I wouldn't worry too much about your son. Just tell him to keep trying and don't let rejection get him down. New college graduates have one big advantage; They'll work for alot less money than a more experienced person would. All he needs to do is get his foot in the door. I am sure it will happen.

Take care!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back