Diagnosis
07/2006
Country
CA
State
Western Provinces
City
Erehwon
As requested, photos of an adaptation to the ResMed Liberty mask to deal with nose pillows that slip out when moist.

Cut a strip of thick 'Polar fleece' 3/4 of an inch wide and 7.5 inches long, with an added curve to a wider section in the centre of one long side.
Sew a tiny piece of loop velcro on either end.
Stick a tiny piece of hook velcro that has the glue on the back onto the base of each of the flat side pieces that come down the cheek bones and attach to the top of the mask. (i.e. the velcro is just by the attachment to the mask, on the outside, obviously.)

Once you've got the mask on and the nose pillows in the nose, tuck the polar fleece strip under the side pieces and attach it to the outside. The polar fleece strip then curves around the flanges of the nose pieces and over the end of the nose. It gently keeps the nose pillows in place.

I hope the photos will attach, I'm having trouble sending this.

Attachments

• ResMed Liberty adapted1_2_1.jpg
    ResMed Liberty adapted1_2_1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 706
  • ResMed Liberty adapted2_1_2.jpg
    ResMed Liberty adapted2_1_2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 883
Last edited:
Oh I get it now! thanks so much, Landscape. I'm off to find a piece of fleece.

BTW, another use for velcro: remove the waist button from pants or skirts and sew velcro to the closure instead. then re-sew the button to the outside of the waistband so that, when the velcro is closed, the pants or skirt look buttoned. If the garment has a zipper, I loop a piece of clear fishing line through the tab of the zipper to use as a zipper pull. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back