Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard anyone here talk badly about the ALSTDI forum...why would we? how ridiculous that adults would behave in such a poor manner toward anyone, much less people suffering from the same rare disease they have.

So sad--but I have noticed the tone on that forum is always combative and on the edge of nasty.

this forum is under attack......we stick together..........all for one and one for all....johnny

I checked it out and I won't even go into some of the things they said, truly rude vulgar and childish. I am so happy here. Thank you all for letting me be here.

Indeed Johnny and everyone, let's leave others to bickering and name calling and get back to the support and friendship this place gives us.

I use lots of places for different types of support, everything has it's place.

Now I am working on a Sunday, but that's OK, I'd rather go procrastinate a bit and play the sentence game me thinks :shock:

Now I am working on a Sunday, but that's OK, I'd rather go procrastinate a bit and play the sentence game me thinks :shock:

Tillie[/QUOTE]

I usually call one of my sisters to chat if I am trying to procrastinate.

Well it appears I may owe you all an apology for riling up the fine young barrister, FA10. Obviously, I don't know that kid from Adam's housecat so I don't have an issue with him personally. I did; however, take issue with the hyperbole, exaggeration, stating opinion as fact (all the nice ways I can B.S.) he was spewing here. When posters begin to tell others to ignore the advice of their doctors, I think we reach a point where we are more harmful than helpful. I know that contradicts the prevailing attitude where FA10 came from, but one can be a "DIY" PALS without belittling and stirring up distrust for doctors.

WRT the garbage being posted on the other site... in a week no one will remember it. It's uncalled for, low-rent and apparently typical for the folks doing it so I don't give it the time of day but I also don't think it reflects a picture of the majority there.

WRT the garbage being posted on the other site... in a week no one will remember it...

Remember what? Wow I've forgotten already, I love short term memory issues :)

Zoohouse if I phoned someone it wouldn't be procrastinating, I simply wouldn't get any work done! Whereas I pop in and out of here, just for 10 minutes at a time, then soundly give my wrist a slap and get back to work. I can oddly amuse myself all day!

Be wary of doing what one accuses another of doing

Proverbs 18:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 Fools find no pleasure in understanding
but delight in airing their own opinions.

Proverbs 26:4-5
New International Version (NIV)
4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.

These two verses seem to be in contradiction, but the writer is saying that we shouldn't take a foolish person seriously and try to reason which their empty arguments. This will only make them proud and determined to win the argument. In some situations, you ought not to even try to answer a fool, for there is no way you can penetrate their closed mind. You may, in fact, be stooping to that person's level if you do choose to answer. Such a fool will abuse you and you will be tempted to abuse them in return. There are other situations where your common sense tells you to answer in order to expose the fool's pride and folly.

Reference: NIV notes from Life Application Bible

Those are, indeed, words of wisdom.

My pulmonologist (he sees most of the Pals from my ALS clinic) also believes all Pals should use a Trilogy. He switched me over from a resmed BiPap to a Trilogy on my first appointment with him.

Trilogy is good but very expensive. If you only have Medicare and no supplement you may not be able to afford it. BI-PAC is a lot less expensive. Caution; infection and it can be fatal

zoohouse,
Thank you! Good points (they always are when using scripture!) all.
"In some situations, you ought not to even try to answer a fool, for there is no way you can penetrate their closed mind. You may, in fact, be stooping to that person's level if you do choose to answer." I can't believe I fell into this trap with FigthingAttorney10, but I did. A poke in my eye with a hot stick!

"Such a fool will abuse you and you will be tempted to abuse them in return." Again, mea culpa. And this serves no purpose and detracts from the objectives of the forum.

"There are other situations where your common sense tells you to answer in order to expose the fool's pride and folly." I couldn't care less about the man's pride or folly, but thought he was causing some anxiety and mistrust between patients and their healthcare providers. Not sure why I let that chap my hind parts to the extent that I got into the urinary olympiad with him, so I'm going to revert to a promise I made to him:
I said that if I ever "came off" lilke he did that I'd quit posting on this forum. I don't have the desire or inclination to see someone confusing people here and then choose to simply ignore it. Netiher do I have the time to debate those folks off-forum since, as you correctly state, changing their opinion is not possible.

And it's a sure (and comforting) thing that scripture nevers contradicts itself!

It is better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt...

And it's a sure (and comforting) thing that scripture nevers contradicts itself!

Too right.

Mat. 18:15-17 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back