CALS
Country
SGP
State
SG
City
SG
Hi,

My mum is using a Breas Vivo 40 bipap 24/7.

The internal battery needs replacement as it only runs for 10 minutes instead of 1 hour now.

We are thinking of getting an external battery.

Does anyone has any experience with getting a compatible external battery for their bipap?

I was given the following options:

Original External battery -
last at least 3 hours and last max 5 hours
23cm x 23cm, 8kg

Compatible external battery -
last max about 6-8 hours
26cm x 23cm x 17cm (height), 15kg

I never knew those portable batteries for bipap are so heavy and my concern is that the compatible (not original brand) battery must cause problems later.

Would appreciate any advice regarding purchasing of a compatible battery.

Joelc once told me I can build one myself, but I cannot find the link and am doubtful about my own skills.

We have two Breas Vivo vents in the house. Same issue with internal battery, we were told NOT to rely on it. We have an external (not used it yet) and I will check for you when I get home, what type it is. We also have a converter which would allow Vivo to be used in the car via 12v charging point. You will find that not many USA folk have of Breas, they tend to use different brands of bipap.

We were given Nippy 3 portable vent too, which comes with internal battery, can go on back of wheelchair and on 20/4 pressure settings last about 3-4 hours. Dani

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back on this. The battery is BREAS EB2, 24 VAC 90VA. We have it on charge permanently and have not used it yet. It is more of a back up for us, should all else fail. It comes in its own bag. I can take photos if you like and email to you.

Regards, Dani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back