Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
My PALS is scheduled for surgery to insert the feeding tube at the end of the month. He is very dependent on the bipap now and struggles without it, although he can still spend a little time without the support. I am concerned that he won't be able to use the bipap during the procedure, and how they are going to handle his respiratory insufficiency.

I am also told I cannot go into the facility with him, which has made him all the more apprehensive. Have any other PALS/CALS gone through this procedure while using bipap? I could use some insights. Thanks

V

He should be able to use it during the procedure, and I'm presuming it's being done in radiology. It's the standard, for people like him. Here's a good review (note the sections are divided by hyperlinks). This is non-negotiable, for me, so I would discuss it with the radiologist.

V if it is being done as a RIG he can use bipap all the time. Just check on that - sorry you can't go in there, such a hard time!

Thanks Laurie and Tillie. He will be fine. I'm sure they will take good care of him.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back