Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
US
State
MO
City
Springfield
I have a ResMed Aircurve 10 bipap that was used about 18 months. It includes a carrying case and 10 filters. Also included are a new 6’ hose, a new water chamber, and a new Philips Amara view mask with two medium cushions. You would need to purchase the headgear for the mask and would need to have your respiratory therapist program the bipap to your pressure settings. These items are free to a PALS, but you would need to pay shipping. I am in southwest Missouri.
8A5DC52E-450D-41A9-B731-001878FDF2ED.jpeg

hello, does it work if its outside with battery as well? i have to find a machine for my dad when we take him in the car , since he can not sit in car due to not enough air he said.
thank you

We purchased a battery for that purpose. You can find a variety of c-pap batteries on Amazon for a wide range of prices from about $150-300. If you only need it for the car and not any other situations where there is no electricity, you can buy car adapters to run the bipap from your car battery for much less, around $50. We chose the battery because we live in a rural area and sometimes lose our electricity. We used the battery then to power the bipap until the electricity returned, and we used it when needed in vehicles.

We would be very interested in this equipment for my PALS if it is not spoken for. Let me know what is the next step. Thanks so much.

As you see above, one other person has asked a question about it, but did not say they wanted it. I would need to pack it and ship it to you. Once I know the cost of shipping, I could email you, and you could send me a check when you receive the equipment. Then, you would probably need your respiratory therapist to program in the proper pressures for your PALS. It is currently set at 5-12, which may not be the settings you need. it includes everything but headgear (straps). If your PALS is comfortable with the Amara View mask, you would need to order the straps for it. That was the only thing I did not have a new spare of. It also includes an adapter to feed in oxygen if your PALS uses that with the bipap. If you would like it, I can ship it to you next week.
Dave

mod note. Email removed for DFM20’s privacy. Sent by private message to Koboxers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Dave, for your generous heart. We will pay it forward someday.

Just a note -- many RTs will not feel inclined/able to set up a machine that their company/provider did not buy/prescribe. As always, I'm happy to help anyone who ends up with a machine from whatever source, to set it up properly/improve existing settings.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you, Laurie. I was unaware of that and assumed that an RT connected to a clinic rather than a equipment company (we had Apria) would be able to set it up. That is kind of you to offer to help.
Dave

Thank you for your offer of assistance, Laurie. We will reach out if necessary.

The bipap has been given away.

Back