01/2009
Country
TH
State
TH
City
Bkk
Dears

I am not sure if this is normal. We bought this machine BIPAP PhilipRespironic A40 in June 19, after annual maintenance In June this year I heard a weez sound and then we end up need to change blower in July. I doubted why the calibrate could not detect it. Recently i felt heat on the machine near the blower area so I am not sure it is normal. The sales said that it is normal and seem not convinced on my concern.
May i ask Anybody who use this machine, is it normal the heat ?
This us my mom 2nd BIPAP the first one with A30 model, she had been used it for 4 years (24/7) before the blower started having issue and we bought new one. I am very disappointed and concern.

Thank you very mych
DA765538-A849-4C1C-9F7C-F59D0BCD37DC.jpeg

Some heat is normal since it's a heated humidifier. One question would be if the water is evaporating faster than usual, or if you smell anything burning. Remember to only use distilled water and to clean the hoses and replace the filter regularly to avoid buildup.

From the looks of that screen, her settings could be improved; let me know if you would like help with that.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for your response.
The humidifier level just setup as 1 and I believe the heat did not come from it. While the sales person brought it to calibrate he also replace it with a spare one and I did not feel heat but just warm feeling so I wonder. Currently there is no burn smell nor blower issue sound.

About the BIPAP setting.
My mom just released from hospital Oct. 4 this year from lung and urinary tract infection.
at the time the doctor already setup the BIPAP as below which was higher from previous set up already

IPAP min 17.5 cmH2O
IPAP max 25 cmH2O
EPAP 4 cmH2O
VTE 350

The doctor (Lung doctor) told that as long as she got more than 5Ltr. air / min it would be ok.
at the very first month we see the VTE up to 300+ but not it instantly drop and range from 250- 290+ is it ok ?

Thank you again Lauri

PS. are you happen to have email contact for Philips HQ ? I visited their website but cannot find the valid email address. I live in Bangkok and not many ALS patients here and most of people who use this machine are for sleep therapy not ALS breathing assist so I would like to contact the HQ in case they could shade some light.

I will PM you about the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back