Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Kingdom
City
United
Hi,

I am a 20 year old Female which I know is young to get this disease. I have posted here before and people quite rightly gave me advice to go to the Doctor, but I haven't been able to get an appointment. I have had months of twitching mostly in lower body. I have recently developed throat problems. When I speak my soft palate doesn't rise on either side, it stays there. I can lift it a bit and then it goes back down. It doesn't stay for the whole sound of 'aah' e.t.c. like other people's do. However, if I sort of breathe the sounds it moves like everyone else's. Is this still the Bilateral Soft Palate Weakness? Is the reason I can sort of breathe/whisper the sounds because my breathing hasn't been effected yet? I have no other problems with my throat except it hurts when I swallow and to me it sounds like I have a sore throat, though I wouldn't describe it as nasally. How did everyone else's soft palates get effected? I understand people don't like people posting their symptoms much but I'm so scared and would appreciate your reply.

Thank You

Where did you come up with this as a symptom of ALS? Never heard of it before

I thought those with Bulbar Onset had problems with weakness of the Soft Palate and that's what makes naNasallity Symptoms e.t.c.?

If you are as scared as you say you are, you " rightly so" ought to consult with your physician, paediatrician or dentist.

Stop the self examination, and the web searches. You are wasting your time and compounding your anxiety. The most experienced & knowledgaeble people here have taken the time to reply to your posts: tokahfang & Sadiemae.

See a doctor, then come back. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back