Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
I am 50. About 6 months ago I had what I thought was a real bad cold and at one point went to the hospital because the amount of mucus was clogging my throat at night and I was choking. Well I still have post nasal drip, lots of mucus and saliva and a very sore throat along with a feeling that my ears are clogged. Occasionally I am getting a tingling sensation on my tongue and my face loses feeling around the mouth and chin. Swallowing seems ok but with alot of saliva it is hard to tell. My father died of ALS about 18 years ago so I am somewhat paranoid when it comes to this. Does this sound like the beginings of ALS to anyone?

Hi ... it doesn't sound like ALS to me. I have bulbar onset, and mine started with slurred speech, then swallowing problems nine months later. I do have excess saliva now (2 1/2 years later), but I have never heard of that as an early symptom. Also, your clogged ears and sore throat don't sound at all like ALS.

I'd check with your primary care physician, or perhaps an Ear-Nose-Throat guy.

Good luck!
BethU

Hi, Agree. My wife has Bulbar ALS and she definitely did not have those symptoms.

Thanks

I have an appointment at an nose and throat doc in Oct. Just impatient. Thanks for the replies. Good Luck.

Moved to the correct forum

Sorry folks, In my haste I started this thread in the wrong forum. I have moved it to the right one.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back