05/2001
Country
US
State
MA
City
Greater Boston Area
Hi everyone,

We have used Toto washlets for the last decade. The first one we have is that old, discontinued and works great - still. (think it's an s400)

The second washlet is an s300e. It lasted a couple of years and won't spray at this point. I think it is because of sediment. I cleaned the filter, but the clog must be somewhere inside the toilet seat.

Anyway, we need to replace it asap, and we're looking for advice from anyone who has had experience with both brands. How do you think they compare? Maybe there is another good product out there? Any advice is welcome :)

Thanks in advance!

I'm replying to my own thread because I went ahead and installed a Brondell 1400, and thought there might be interest. Let's face it, these bidet seats are great!

The reason we went with the Brondell is because it works with bidet seat water sediment filters, which can be purchased and replaced every 6 months. They are installed at the water line going into the seat. At least this way, we won't lose another bidet seat to hard water sediment. All of the reviews I read said that, because of the water hose connection, the Toto models would not work with one of these filters. If anyone has been able to use the filters with Toto, I'd love to know.

I can't speak to reliability of the Brondell yet, but I can point out some differences. The Brondell is louder than the Toto in the wash phase. The Brondell sits a little higher in the back. It has a rigid lid and my husband can't lean back against it without putting a lot of pressure on the hinges. We solved this problem by putting books on the toilet lid to support the lid in the open position.

Water pressure is similar on both models.

We weren't going to send the Toto in for repair, but we decided to go ahead anyway. It will be good back-up.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this all important issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back