Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
Vernont
City
Burlington
I am using my bi pap nightly now. The mask fits well but leaves a sore on my nose. We tried putting guaze on it but it still irratates my nose. I tried a nose pillow mask with a chin holder but my lips are weak and can't seal. Any ideas?

Hi Becky,
They make a silicone pad that you put on the bridge of your nose. It helps a lot. Some have suggested using moleskin but I have not tried it. I would call your respiratory therapist and ask if they will order you some. Happy to hear you have a good mask fit. That has been my biggest struggle. I hope this helps.
Linda

Becky, I have the exact same problem. The gel pad actually made my nose worse and I ended up with an infection and sore, so be careful with it if you get one. I ordered a hybrid mask from c pap supply USA dot com. You can find it on other sites too, but this one runs some good sales with free shipping and they were easy to deal with. I placed the order online and scanned my bipap prescription and emailed it to them and that was it. The mask is made by Innomed and is called The Hybrid. It's nasal pillows with a full mouth covering part attached, with a great little part that helps keep your mouth closed. I highly recommend it! There is another similar mask by Liberty but it costs twice as much... might try it next time just to compare... we'll see. Hope that is helpful!

I had that trouble and switched to a mask called Quatro Fx, it sure seemed to help! Ask for one may be worth a try!

Thankx for advice everyone.

My husband uses the nasal mask. He likes that one better. It is easier and nothing on top of the nose.

I like my nasal pillows for a few hours of daytime use in the recliner. I can still read, watch TV or nap.

My husband also alternates between the nose pillows and the face mask but there is also another product you can try. It's called "Sure Prep" and it was given to Tom by his VNA Nurse to use on the pressure sores on his ankle and toes. It creates an invisible shield that heals them and keeps them from forming again. We've also used it on the bridge of his nose to protect it from the bi-pap mask with great success. Good luck! Diane

We cut Elastoplast bandage to fit nose. Go right to top of nose. Works for me.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back