Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
goleta
I got sick about a month ago and started experiencing noticeable twitching in random places on my body. I pretty much have constant jerky twitches and every so often have the muscle twitches that are visible thorugh the skin. I just turned 18 today and tell myself im too young for anything serious! I have no muscle fatigue or atrophy. i dont fall or trip. I would say im VERY health conscious like hypochondriac status. what do you all think about my symptoms?

I think you are staying up too late on the computer. What do you mean by 'I got sick?' A virus or any one of a hundred things can cause what you are seeing. You don't have ALS. BFS? maybe but doubt it. Have you even seen any kind of doctor. They diagnose people (usually) not guys like us on a forum.
AL.

Al is right- you will drive yourself crazy second-guessing your symtoms. depending upon what first made you sick, this could be the tail end of it all. I'm betting a neurologist will sort this out in about a minute and a half! :-D Cindy

Since frequent twitching isnt normal, this looks like typicall BFS. Many people with BFS got it after "bad flu infection". Nobody knows why this happens, but it does.
My BFS (hopefully) started 8 months ago the same way as your does - random twitches everywhere. I experienced the worst months in my life, full of anxiety and fear of ALS. You are 18 (Im 22), you really dont have ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back