BethU, PEG news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth - what an ordeal. When I asked for EL meds I too was in the middle of a melt down. Fortunately for me I just blubber and cry - can't talk. And Lexapro has solved it. Today I have been so frustrated at not being able to prepare the food for Superbowl that I crabbed a lot at my helpful grandson (15). I'm tired of not being the caregiver.

I'll check out the blog. A book would be a great idea!

Sharonca

Wow Beth you are really talented. I don't know much about abstract art but I like it. Thanks for sharing with us. I'll be eagerly watching for more Days in the Life of BethU.

Deb

Hi Beth,
You make me laugh out loud when I read your "adventures", but you make me cry too as I read what you are going through. Once again I want to say how much I admire you. You are truly a good soul. I think you would have a best seller if you wrote about your life--I'm sincere in that comment.
Laurel

Beth, I went and looked at your artwork. Wonderful. I also wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your posts. They are insightful, informative, and have such a reality ring to them. I know that sounds weird, of course it is reality. As you know I am new to this disease and it scares me to think about he future and what it holds for me. But I know I will always be influenced by your posts and I hope I can deal with this half as good as you have. Right now I am trying to get through the next day and hope nothing happens that I notice is new. But sorry to say I believe my speech is getting worse. I am going to look into getting set up with a speech writer or something before I lose it all together. Humour is one of the strongest weapons we have for anything bad that happens in our lives.
I was at a function on Saturday and it was the first time I have seen a lot of people for awhile and also the first time that I have seen them since they found out that I have a "Fatal Disease". So many of them came up to me and took my hand and smiled so sweetly at me and asked "How are you feeling, dear" Just what I have said I did not want to happen. I have become the elephant in the room! At one point I told my husband and a friend who was with us. The next time someone asks me how I am feeling in that manner, I was going to talk like I always have and tell them that"I am feeling F------ great!,. Sorry, from Steel Mill country. What a shock for them to realize that I have not suddenly become this sweet, unassuming, frail woman who is DYING! Why is they think we change who we are? Talk to me just like you did last week before you knew. And I have noticed that my husband now takes his conversations on the phone out to the back porch, out of my earshot. Because he doesn't want me to know that he is talking about me. People are so weird. I wish I could take a movie and show the difference in how they looked at me two weeks ago and how they look at me now. I am a new species!
Anyway, I sure appreciate all that you have to say and the way you say it. I hope we are bantering around with this disease for years to come or at least til they find the cure!
NancyS

Beth-
Wow, I finally got power enough to read your blog, and YOU F-----G ROCK! I think you most definitely will be publishing a book in the near future. I'll have to come back later and check out your artwork-can't get the little laptop to pull it up,

plus I'm on borrowed power right now-still at my sister's house. Kids are loving it!
Take good care,
talk soon,
hugs,
-b

NancyS ... Man, you're getting it too ! It is crazy ... reactions to me range from the hand-holding baby talk, in which they never let me get a word in edgewise, to people talking to me in what they think is sign language ! ... they mention "eat" and make feeding gestures to their mouths, or say "let's go," and make driving motions like they're holding a steering wheel. :roll:

And then there's the old stand-by: You look great. I always want to say, "Oh, Goody, the fungus isn't showing tonight.!

Thanks all for your kind words and support. What would I do without y'all?

Beth, I am going to echo what so many have said to you already but it's worth repeating: you truly are a mega-talented woman and an inspiration. I have just finished reading your entire blog (I started last night) and I have to insist that you put this together in a manuscript and contact a publisher. Really! Your message should be heard by anyone whose life has been touched by ALS. I laughed and cried and cheered for you. Thank you so very very much for sharing!

Thelma ... you're such a doll. Thank you. I'll PM you, but want to say here how much I appreciate the incredible support I'm getting from everyone.

BethU

Beth,
I don't want to give you a big head but.....what the hell. I have only made it part way through your blog and you are hilarious. Can't wait to get back to it and I agree will all the other posts that loved it too.

Tfisher

Beth you are so very welcome. The praise--all of it--is so very well deserved. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back