BethU good luck with your tube insertion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to see you doing well. On another note, be careful with wine........wheww New Years Eve, well to say the least Freddie was bombed. I did dilute the wine, but I poured it all in at once, needless to say the wine was a little potent. I wasn't thinking I couldn't chug my glass, so what made me think he could......It was a little scary for a minute there. But all was well after what seemed like a gallon of water to flush and hoped that it would pass through his system. So now we just sip...........
Glad your feeling better
netty

Beth - I was thinking about the arms tied down routine during your peg insertion. Since I was awake the whole time and remember it all... I actually raised my hands "to help" inadvertantly. The doctor yelled at me and pulled my hand away. Maybe you decided to "help" as well and they tied your arms down. Since you had the medication you don't remember the whole process. I could see that you might decide to help!

Sharonca

Netty and all ... thank you for your kind words.

Sharonca ... I imagine I tried to "help" when they were shoving the tube down my throat for the camera. The fact that I managed to kick my loafers across the operating room indicates that whatever I was doing, I was doing it with gusto. I don't know if it's standard procedure to tie down the patient's arms when they're entubated or not ... but this is my 3rd time with the blasted tube, and each time I wake up tied down.

The procedure at UCLA would not have required the tube/camera. They said at UCLA that I would be lying on some sort of x-ray table that would let the surgeon see what he was doing.

Note to Suzann ... of all my abductions and alien probes, this is the very first time I ever threw a shoe. The others have been very smooth. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back