BethU good luck with your tube insertion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to hear how you are doing. Best wishes to you... and happy pegging!

Sharonca

Event Free Procedure ?

What and spoil my record? Thanks, Rose ... it's another long story (aren't they all?) Maybe I'll have the energy tomorrow.:roll:

Thinking of you and wishing you the very best. Truly, Zouz

Hope all goes wll with your PEG. I am new to the site. I am a caregiver for my uncle with ALS. We didn't even no he had ALS. He is from the Adirandacks and came to visit us at thanksgiving and that is when we found out. He ended up in the hospital 4 days later and had a PEG put in as he could no longer eat and was losing to much weight. He still drinks milk, water, ice tea and still swallows his pill but we have to cut them up. He even has tomato soup at times (very little though). He is doing well with his peg and it is not hard to take care of or feed. He is just very bullheaded and I say that with nothing but love. He won't let us give him the full amount of formula he should have so he is losing weight still.

Dear BethU
Hope you are having a peaceful recovery and feeling well. I am thinking of you
In friendship
Jeannie

Dear Beth,

You made my morning by having posted, what with the time zone difference, I expected there would probably be a delay, but still..... good to know you're home (you'd better be home!) Fill us in when you're up to it.

Beth

Hope all is well, praying for you and missing you.

Hi Beth, Oh the anticipation! Even without the details you keep us going but no matter, we can wait until you have the energy to fill us in. We are all glad that you are Ok. I am on a waiting list for a peg and the hospital phoned yesterday to say that they are moving me up on the list so I'm really interested on how it went with you.

All the best and take care

Barry

The tenacity of some people amaze me (you Beth:grin:) and it is inspirational.

Can't wait to hear the story...

Beth, I hope all went well and wish you a very speedy recovery.
11B

Oy, this is too nutty for words. Let's just say that the walls, ceiling and carpet of the bedroom are now Ensure Berry purple, and my niece made an emergency appointment with Dr. Bedside Manner this afternoon to show us how to work this sucker. (No printed instructions were given ... just a nurse saying you plug this here and plug that there ...)

My ALSA rep is also burning up the phone lines, goosing the BiPap people and the feeding tube people to get me some home nursing for a while.

I will say that I appreciate any surgical procedure that you can have done fully dressed (including shoes), but when I came to my shoes had been kicked off across the surgery, and I was tied down. I would love to know what happened during what must have been an exciting few minutes after they knocked me out. :) Nice to know that I can still kick a shoe across a room.

At least it's over, and I now have a second belly button. I forgot to tell them I wanted an outie this time.

Are we having fun yet? :-D

Tell us the rest of the story when you feel up to it, Beth. I'd come over and nurse you myself if I had the skills! But I guess you need Brenda or one of our other clever folks for that...Cindy

Beth, I continue to be in amazed at the lack of support you're getting from the very folks that should be ensuring you've got it all done right! I'm happy to learn that your niece is there, and personally, I think "berry" is an attractive color, don't know about for the ceiling though.

Fill us in more when you're up to it, glad to see that your spirits are still intact..... they tied you down, hmmmmmmm,:confused: hopefully this part won't ever come back to you. ((Hugs))

Hmmmm. Tied you down did they? Sounds like an alien abduction story. Hope you're feeling better Beth.

AL.

Beth, Hope all is going well with you. I am thinking about you and wishing you the best.
NancyS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back