Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tallahassee
Hi all. “Best” is probably not the right word—perhaps “most tolerable” or “least miserable” is more apt, but I was wondering what part of your waking hours apply.

This may seem counterintuitive after a nights rest (thankfully I still sleep well for at least seven hours), but I seem to struggle both mentally and physically from about 9:00 until noon, and do better in the afternoon. Perhaps it’s the reality of it all that grips me for the first few hours, and the fact that I need to stretch and try to calm my muscle/joint pain. I’m sure that an Aleve and an Ativan mid-morning help as well. On bad days, I’ll throw in a Vicodin, which works wonders for 2-3 hours.

Curious to hear from others. Kevin

Kevin, not sure if you've had a sleep study? If you're super groggy in the morning, it could mean some issues with breathing efficiency at night.

Sleep study and looking at your sleep environment. You may need more support from mattress and pillows.

I get worse as the day progresses. So much so that on a bad day I go back to bed very early ( not to sleep ). I used to feel fairly normal in the morning

I feel better in the mornings , fresh off of ten hours with my bipap and latex mattress . I feel more tired as the day goes on.

Thanks everyone. No, I did not mean to infer that I’m groggy or tired at all in the morning. I actually sleep like a baby until I pop awake at 5:30 with my mind racing. At 7:30 every morning I am still able to take our sheltie for a nice walk, some of which is uphill (yes, we have hills in north Florida) and don’t get out of breath at all. I actually fall asleep on my back with a heavy hugging pillow on my chest, and breathe fine.

It is all about feeling depressed knowing that this day will be slightly worse physically than yesterday. Plus, my muscles seem to need time to limber up a bit.

I have two times I feel ok. First thing in the morning (after I've taken medication for pain) and late night, when I'm back in bed watching TV. I haven't taken an oxy in about five months. Somehow, playing too much on the computer made my old neck injury start hurting again. If I take a sliver of oxy, I feel much better. I might have to try it tomorrow after breakfast.

I think what helps me most is that I can sleep as late as I want and watch TV as late as I want. Now that it's too cold to exercise in the pool, I have more time on my hands. I also think that's part of the reason my pain is getting worse. When I was in the warm water every day, even my torn rotator cuff stopped hurting. I do much better in warm, humid weather than cold and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back