Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
New York
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this thread, but I would love to get your opinions on something.
I want to help anyway that I can. I have donated in the past and will continue to do so. I was just curious about your thoughts on how to donate. Would you prefer donations for research or to help people struggling with ALS? Any responses would be greatly appreciated

Hi
thank you for wanting to help. Both are terribly important of course. I do give some to organizations that help current PALS because they need it. Most of my donations go to research though. My thinking is that if research doesn’t get funded and an answer is delayed even longer there will just be more generations of PALS who will continue to need support services and more importantly continue to suffer. we need to stop this

members please note I allowed this post because I think the topic is important

Baseballbum,
I have struggled with this question too. Do you target research, care services, or advocacy, or a mix of all? Over the course of the past 3 years that I have had the diagnosis, I'm gone from wanting the main focus of my giving to be on research for a cure to favoring a balanced portfolio of giving, for lots of reasons, but the main one is that I have come to understand how all three are mutually reinforcing. We're grateful for your willingness to help our cause!

Thank you for your support!
There are many organizations doing great things right now.
Thanks, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back