12/2018
Country
US
State
OK
City
Oklahoma City
I am getting a new F3.
What type of seat cushion would be best?
Quantum TruComfort 2, ROHO, etc?

Roho seems to be the gold standard.

Different things work for different people. What works for you might be very different from what works for me.

When I first started using a PWC, I preferred the Permobil foam seat cushion.

As things progressed, I discovered that I really prefer and need the Roho cushion.

Now, the foam cushion feels OK for about the first hour. It is uncomfortable for the next hour or so. Then, it is quite uncomfortable after that.

The one cushion that just absolutely does not work for me is the newer Permobil foam seat cushion that has a cutout with (I believe) an air cushion or gel insert. That one absolutely destroys my bottom! The sharp transition from the foam to the insert puts too much pressure on my thigh/bottom transition.

My new F5 will have a Roho cushion.

Steve

Roho 4" quattro. Properly adjusted it is the most comfortable cushion. Improperly adjusted it is a pain in the butt. If you are going to need one eventually, might as well get it now.
Vincent

Don't know about the Quantum. My husband's Permobil came with the ROHO and only had discomfort with it when it needed the air pressure adjusted as Vincent mentioned. It worked so well for him that we bought a second one for his recliner after trying numerous other cushions that didn't solve his sitting discomfort.

The Permobil rep brought several ROHO cushions with her after the dealer tried to steer me to Quantum. I had a hard time deciding but, IMO, ROHO is the way to go.

To clarify, even though ROHO is now owned by Permobil, it will work with any brand wheelchair if sized for the seat. Some PALS, especially petite ones, may do better with a 3" than 4" Quadtro cushion.

I have been on a Roho for a year now and the only problem has been when I overinflated it. I do recommend getting a second seat cover so you can wash them when you want to feel fresher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back