12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
Best and worst Christmas songs.

I think the worst Christmas song is “Santa Baby” by Eartha Kitt.

My favorite is kinda different from a somewhat personal experience
years ago when I was single. Again, somewhat similar…
It was late at a department store that was still open.

But… I really like others. I'm sure certain Christmas songs remind
you of a unique time of a Christmas past. Yet, very like.

The drinking in her car is real, her being married and the good bye.
For me at the time... the traveling part was true. Not from fame though.

Last edited:
I love the traditional Christian songs like Silent Night, etc.

Here is a song I heard Watching TV ten years ago. It's sad but I love Robert Downey, Jr.

I agree on Santa Baby....can't stand it. I also hate Grandma Got Ran over by a reindeer.

I find Alvin and The Chipmunks annoying. Besides finding them difficult to understand, the tonal level grates on the ears. What say you? B.

Something different.

Goofey Gomer Pylle (Jim Nabors) from the old comedy TV show "Gomer Pyle USMC" sings Silent Night.

Some may be surprised.

He had a beautiful voice.
best carol. Adeste Fideles. ( O Come all ye Faithful)

I love the traditional Christmas carols, especially when sung by Jim Nabors! Worst song—Christmas Shoes! Bleh

While the old songs bring back wonderful, albeit foggy memories to mind, I do like a few of the new 'classics'. Consider the Pogues with the late Kirsty McCall or the Dropkick Murphys for those of you who grew up in the Hub.

I'm an old rock n roller but.... I've always been a Willie Nelson fan. I've been to three of his
concerts. Willie is one sweet guitar player. At the last concert I went to I think the hole
in the body of his guitar from pick hits has gotten bigger. Someday that guitar will be
worth millions of dollars. At the end of the song he does a beautiful guitar play out.

Last edited:
Always a kid, I still love the music from John Denver & the Muppets, A Christmas Together!
O Holy Night, Mary Did You Know & Little Drummer Boy too! Then there’s the soundtrack from Charlie Brown Christmas ...
Ok I love music... most all Christmas music & I really miss being able to sing ( well 😁 )
1574312064026.png

Last edited:
Now one of the best from one of the best....

One of the things on my bucket list is to go to Graceland. DJ Fontana was Elvis's drummer
for 15 years. He worked off a petite set and could make a set of brushes sound like sticks.
DJ hated Vegas but Elvis was like a brother to him. DJ was a self taught drummer who
couldn't read music. As he went along with Elvis he eventually did.... until Elvis needed
full orchestra back up in his shows.

Whatever... hope you enjoy this one.

Last edited:
Here's another surprise. Hootie and the Blowfish.

Hootie and the Blowfish ?????? Yea... I guess. :)

Whatever.... Elvis above is my favorite. And my first one. :)

Last edited:
Here's another....
in my years of being single between situations which adds up to 20+ years (hey... I'm
70 years old) I have had some somewhat bad Christmases. I'm sure many others have too.
The one thing about not having a not so nice Christmas... it lets you know the difference
between the bad ones and and the good ones. The good ones are more remembered. :)

Anywhooo... Maybe some can relate. And... those who have lost loved ones. It will get better.

Last edited:
Maybe that last one didn't go over too well.... this is another one of my favorites.

There was a Thread above about dreading the Holidays coming. I can understand that
for some. Ann and I have no idea where we will be for next Christmas. But.... we are
going to make the best of what the best can be for this one. No... this year will not be
the Christmases of just a few years ago...

No further video posts will be made here by me.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back