Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I want to apologize for the lateness of the reply and really thank you guys for being so kind to me. These past couple of months have been up and down. My husband did get his muscle biopsy done and the next day Michael hit us, bless him, it was miserable for him. He had a spinal tap that following Monday.

Spinal tap came back clear, no sign of any type of MS, which was what the Neurologist was hoping for. We received his muscle biopsy today and it was normal, no nerve damage what so ever. Neurologist is now going with the diagnosis of PLS and sending us to our state's ALS clinic for another opinion. As of now my husband's situation is declining. It's progressed rapidly into the other leg and he now drags the left....while shaking/jerking with the right. 20 years in the medical filed and he asked today to be put on light duty. He said it's like trying to walk through quicksand or weighted tied to his feet.

I just really wanted to show how much I appreciate you all listening to me and giving advice. You are very kind here and truly are making a difference. I've told my husband of the forum and I think he will post later on when he is more comfortable. I think we are just all in shock today.

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. You are definitely on the right forum for support, knowledgeable members and kind folks. While it may feel as if the sky just fell on you, the shock will eventually give way to what I can only describe as a new normal.

Big hugs to you.

Joanna

Very sorry to hear. PLS is a tricky diagnosis- I am glad you are getting a second opinion as it is rare so many neurologists have little or no experience with it

There is a sticky ( important) post under the general discussion subforum on getting a secondd opinion. Browse through it before you go to that appointment

Again sorry to hear

I am very sorry. With the progression and EMG you describe, ALS seems more likely than PLS. But of course, you want another opinion across the board.

And of course you are both in shock. Your husband is welcome if/when he wants to head our way. Meanwhile, give yourselves time and space to grieve, and we will support you however we can.

Best,
Laurie

I am sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. This is a wonderful place to be for support. Hugs to you.

I agree with getting a second opinion. But in any event, it sounds like things are pointing in the direction of an ALS/ PLS diagnosis. I’m sorry you find yourself here and wish you the best. I completely understand about being beside yourselves. It’s a shocker and definitely frightening, especially in the beginning. The shock part does get better as reality sets in. We are here to help.

If you haven’t already seen this link, you will hopefully find this helpful:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/gen...f-you-ve-just-been-diagnosed-what-do-now.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back