Diagnosis
4/2006
Country
oce
State
new jersey
City
forked river
Hi there, Well the day is coming up fast. This will be the 2nd annual Benefit for Jack at the Lacey Elks in Forked River, New Jersey. Last year over 800 people attended, this year looks the same with ticket sales. After the article about Jack was in the paper it was unbelievable the calls that came in , another band and lots of donations. There are a lot of caring people out there. Wish you could join us. My Best to all our PALS. Beebe

Sounds great Beebe. Good luck with it.
AL.

Best wishes to you and Jack, Beebe. Sounds like you guys are doing a great job down there! Cindy

Hi AL and Cindy

Hi there, We are fighting for all our PALS! No one realizes what ALS is unless we bring out AWARENESS. Thank you for all your support. Fondly, Beebe

Beautiful Day

Hi there, What a beautiful day ! It was like a LARGE Family reunion. This year brought a lot of tears too, Jack has changed since last July. I don' know if I had told you, Jack was just diagnosed with Lyme Disease. Had a Lyme Test but not the Western, it was sent to California for results. He is on minocycline. Never ending. My Best to all, Beebe

Oh Beebe-what a double whammy! Do I understand correctly that Jack has both Lyme and ALS? How unfair!:(

But your awareness efforts are really paying off!:) You two are oviously a great couple to generate that much support! Cordially, Cindy

Hi there

Hi, Jack is my son-in-law and as a family we are all in this together. You know how that is. Hope all our PALS make sure they have all tests for Lyme. If we don't know, what's wrong with the Drs. My Best to all, Beebe

Caregivers need to care for themselves too

Hi there, Wednesday of last week we took Stephanie my daughter to the hospital. Steph is Jack's wife. My Baby has Cancer, Dr. said it's serious but, treatable. Next Monday all the tests will be back and she will start Chemo or Radiation or both. She is very weak and cannot do anything. Dr. said it was most likely brought on by Trauma or extreme shock. Well, ALS was a shock! Now we have th two KIDS to care for. We will Survive ! Say your prayers as we pray for all our PALS and CALS. Fondly, Beebe My Stephanie is only 35.

Beebe I am so sorry to hear about your daughter What s shock. I will pray for you all. Sometimes I wonder why bad things happen to good people. You where here for me ,when I needed your help.I am here for you if you need me as well. Again I am so sorry Pat

Beebe -

I often worry ..... what if something else happens? For you it has. Stay strong. You have been ever since I've encountered you here. I do believe things happen for a reason. It us just for us to discover that reason. Never the less, one's heart can break. Sometimes it seems like just too much.

Liz

Dear Pat and Liz

Dear Friends, Thank you for the kind words. When Jack was diagnosed with ALS last year this Forum was my support. You wonder how much you can endure,we need each other. This is the best support group, Donna stopped by Steph and Jack's today. She is our extended family. She has a lot of stress in her life right now too. Thank you for being here. Love you guys and gals, Beebe

Hi Beebe- you are so right about caregivers taking time to take care of themselves! Good advice for all. WHat is happening to your family, though defies explanation. I am so glad you are able to find some small measure of comfort on this forum and glad you made real-life friends like Donna through it. I think of you often... My best, Cindy

PS-send my best to Donna, as well!

Hi Cindy

Hi there, Thank you for your kind words. We are all in this together! Jack has been strong for Steph , He is focusing on her now. Fondly Beebe

Hi Beebe, I hope you have someone focusing on you...that you have a lot of local support to help with the enormous load you are carrying. I know it is a labor of immense love, but it is labor nonetheless. Take very good care of yourself. I pray Steph does not have too tough of a time with the chemo and/or radiation. You, Jack and Steph are in my prayers.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Beebe,

I cannot find the words to say how my heart goes out to you in your situation. What a burden you must be taking on!

I hope your extended family and friends can provide some relief as you care for you daughter and son-in-law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back