Diagnosis
07/2008
Country
CA
State
Ont.
City
Hamilton
This is so hard I have als and im a biker with a new harley.This year I got out once but after that could not get my feet off the ground to the floor boards.This just gets me so mad been rideing a very long time and it is part of me.

That sucks Bossman, really sucks...

I am sorry to hear this also, Bossman. I hope you get to feel the wind in your face at least a couple of more times- even if it is in a side-car while someone else drives! :-D Regards, Cindy

Yes it sucks when you can't ride anymore. Or scuba dive, fly airplanes or walk anymore. Only got to try skydiving once. I'm not sure what to tell you other than if you live long enough with this you'll get your head around it. It does take time.

AL.

Bossman,

Are you living alone? Please let me know.

Stu ALSGuardianAngels.com
(949)488-9894

no I have my son here right now but he is in school right now.W.S.I.B COMP has me going to school and I cant even walk right now because of all this.I also fell and hurt my ribs so cant even get up and when comp finds out I cant do the school ill be cut off.They have cut me back on payment already so now it leaves me 1,000 bucks short a month to cover my bills.Im going to lose my home everything i have I just cant take this anymore.

Hey Bossman. Has anyone told you to apply for Canada Disability Pension? It's around a grand a month. Not a lot but it sure helps.

AL.

Hi Bossman. I understand the feeling of having the rug pulled out from beneath your feet. If you can- try to address one issue at a time, maybe even prioritizing them with a list. Do you have any family and friends who could help you right now?
You ARE STILL A BIKER , Bossman- even though you can't ride. Do you belong to a motorcycle club? If you do, I'll bet they would LOVE to help you right now, too. Just reach out and hang on to all the support you can! Remember there are lots of people here who have had tough roads to hoe, and thats why this is an AWESOME place to come for advice.

~Cindy

Canada Disability Pension I asked about this and they would take what ever I get from W.S.I.B off the total from Canada Disability Pension.And I do have biker friends and they are helping with some things but not my money trouble

Bossman,

I have someone that really knows her way around the world of ALS and can help you. Not only in navigating the world of reimbursement and benefeits ... but also helping you plan for your current and future needs.

Go to ALSGuardianAngels.com and click on the Grants page. Look under the Home Healthcare grant. We may be able to offer you a grant that could cover her cost. She's been a Godsend to those I have referred to her.

Stu

sounds godd but im from Canada

I'll be meeting with her this weekend and discuss it with her.

Stu

Hi, Bossman ... this might be a help with your immediate financial needs. I am quoting an e-mail from my ALSA rep about a grant an organization called "Ride for Life" (fundraisers for ALS) offers every three months.

I checked their website to see if it was restricted to US residents, and it doesn't say a thing about that.

Ihe organization called Ride For Life is accepting ONLINE APPLICATIONS from PALS/FALS in the month of September for their quarterly random drawing of several $1500 Respite Care Grants. www.rideforlife.com Every three months, they offer this random drawing to PALS/FALS who want and need funding for respite care/in-home care. The only stipulation is that you cannot be receiving in home care paid for by your Medical Health Insurance, Long-term Healthcare Insurance, through Medi-cal, or through any other community social service agency.
If you do not feel you need in-home care or assistance right now, there will be another drawing this December or January.

The text on the website shows infor for a previous drawing, but according to the woman at ALSA , the September drawing should be appearing on the site soon.

It seems to me it should be available to all ALS patients everywhere. This disease doesn't recognize borders.

Hope it helps a litte,
BethU

Hello,

I am sorry Bossman about this time that you are going through. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

I have been reading this forum for about a week now trying to learn as much about ALS as I can. My good friend in Missouri has ALS. Does the ALSGuardinaAngel really help? I will pass the site onto them once I get some feedback so there time is not being wasted. Thanks so much...Ann

Hi Ann. The Guardian Angels is only a few months old and have helped a few members already I am told.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back