Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Pleasanton
I know I am risking being deemed an annoyance, but I'm hoping that all of you who have experienced the tragedy of ALS will forgive me and grant me consideration one more time.

The breathing and swallowing difficulties noted in my previous thread continue unabated, but I'm now experiencing persistent and increasing twitching in my chin, left arm, left side, left leg, and severe cramping in my left foot and toes. I also have a little cramping in the right foot and toes, but not to the degree that I experience in the left. The diaphragm spasms have also increased, sometimes they are hiccup like, but one at a time and much more forceful than a hiccup. And I'm having increasing laryngospams, several in a row, a few times a day. When I'm not feeling my throat close up, or just feel tight and "heavy," I'm yawning big, giant yawns that cause many of the muscles in my face and body to tighten up.

I truly do not want any horrible disease, and I never had any fears of ALS before all of this started to happen. To my discredit, I barely gave it a thought. Now I know enough to know that it's horrific, and more should be done in search of treatments and a cure.

I have messaged my neurologist in re an EMG, but probably won't hear back until next week. I beg forgiveness if I'm making myself a burden or a frustration. You all know the fear, and you know the grief, so you also know compassion, which I greatly appreciate.

Again we can not reassure you. You don’t believe us or your neuro. We asked you not to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back