Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
TX
City
Dallas
Quick history. I read the sticky and I understand the reasons behind it. First, I'm praying for you all that have been dealing with this. Second, I'm tripping about possibly having something wrong. 9 months ago I noticed my hands trembling and constipation as well as frequent urination with no relief. Then I felt like I had a stroke. My right side of my face went numb and my legs were wobbly. Eyes doubled vision in the mornings and blurred all day. Headaches etc. Saw my pup and explained all this. Did blood work and my ck levels were890. Normal is30to100. So the Dr asked if I work out. I said yes, said no workouts for2weeks and we test again. Did that, Ckwas normal again. Everything else perfect. I just turned40. Did a brain and brain stem me, no delineation or any abnormalities at all. Symptoms got better but never left. Always tremors, weakness, pulsing sensation thru my whole body.

Fast forward a few months and now my neck hurts like hell, the sides and when I tilt it back to see how far it goes. Lots of twitching and spasms in shoulders neck legs etc. Hands feel clumsy especially my right. Still functional but numb and clumsy. Legs are super sore for no reason sometimes. Cramp up in my calves and hamstrings as well as my abs recently.

To touch on the sticky, nothing has stopped working yet. Godwilling it won't. But the neck and fatty tongue feeling are bothering me as well as hands legs weakness and fatigue. Lower back hurts too. Throbbing pain. My strength is ebbing on most of my weight workouts. But again, nothing non functional yet.

Wren I lay down to sleep my body will thrum like a guitar string and I feel as though I can't catch my breath. The pulsing in the body and back of neck area so irritating.

Without being a pest, do any of you recall how you felt or your loved ones felt in the beginning? Was it anything like this? My pcp said he thinks me but in waiting for neuro and they want to do an mri on my thoracic spine first.

Again any input is appreciated. Thank you

Glad to hear you are seeing a neuro, but no, this does not sound like ALS. I would be specially careful to space out your workouts, and only lift what feels doable. Let us know what you find out.

Best,
Laurie

Not one thing even remotely like ALS. That's wonderful news for you. Good luck with your PCP.

Take good care

Thank you. Won't post again unless something comes back from pcp and neuro. Very nice of you to ease people's minds with what you know. I appreciate it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back