Not open for further replies.

kelly

Country
US
State
ny
City
saratoga springs
Has anyone had any luck finding handicap accessible vacation rentals....want to take the kids and hubby to the beach. Has to be the perfect set up for a wheelchair..to convince my husband to consider. Was thinking South Carolina...or Florida? Tried Googling..but did not find anything. Thanks in advance.

Hi Kelly, I am a travel agent. When I am back in the office on Monday, I will look at all of our resources for ya. Plus, I know Stu is in the hospital, but I would bet someone from the ALS Guardian Angels would know of a place where they have sent people. I think a vacation on the beach would be wonderful! Travel is the BEST medicine!
Hugs,
Kari

We rented a house in Rehoboth Beach, Del. last summer that had a ramp, roll-in shower, first-floor bedroom etc. My sister-in-law found it thru one of the local beach rental agencies there. We were able to rent a beach wheelchair there too. We're going back this summer! Good luck with your plans.

Thanks for the great information. Will definitely check out the rehoboth beach rental. Also...Kiaway is where we vacationed with the kiddos before Andrew got sick. Thanks..Kelly6

Hi Kelly, Let me know if you have found anything and if not I will start diggin tomorrow!
Hugs, Kari

Hi Kelly,
I am at work now. Did you find a good place to go with all the posts here? If not, just let me know and I will find one for ya. I would need to know if you are looking for a condo or a house too. Hope everything works out and your hubby wants a vay k!
Hugs,
Kari

I surfed on the web for a while last night..but did not find anything that seemed like a match. Would like to be on the ocean..beach or condo. Still not sure hubby will go for it..but will keep working on him. Thanks for offering to help...only if you have time.
Thanks, Kelly

Hi Kelly,
I am looking into the condo stuff....would he do a hotel? House? How about the Florida Keys?......how many people would be in the room/house? How many rooms? Let me know and I will check again tomorrow....sorry I didnt get your message until closing today.
Hugs,
Kari

I actually just wrote you back 5 minutes ago..you are quick! Probably would rather avoid a hotel. I know a house would be pricey..would try to get family and friends to join us and pitch in on the cost and care! Thanks again,
Kelly

Kelly,
Since you mentioned SC Call Condolux at Myrtle Beach, SC 800-6246418. They have a disable equipped unit (#603) at Malibu Point.
Good luck, Erica

Hi Again Kelly, I have a bunch of emails out there looking for a home with handicap access for you. I ended up going to Bing.com and then put in a search for vacation homes with handicap access and then it took me to perfectplaces.com and then you check handicap access and they will narrow the search to a condo or home in the area you are looking for. That is easier than going from one listing to another. Hopefully, I can get some answers to my emails. Go ahead and to the Bing thing w/perfectplaces.com and let me know if you find anything. We don't have anyone to ask at the ALS Guardian Angels as to where they book people as Stu is out of commission at the moment. I have brochures on hotel/condo rentals if you want me to send it to ya. Its a start anyway....I will keep you posted if I get anything back...
Hugs, Kari

Hi Kelly, I would like for you to check out VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner). Awesome resource of places all over the country that are handicap accssible. I used this sight last May and took my husband and four kids to Clearwater Beach in Florida. We had not been on vacation for 8 years due to his illness. I didn't think we would ever be able to go again. It was perfect. Our condo had an elevator for every floor. The beach was perfect because it has a walkway for miles right on it that we could take his chair on and he was able to feel apart of the beach with us. I had a budget in mind and was able to stick with it on this sight. Beautiful place. If you would like more info, please let me know. Good luck.

Hi Kelly, I have also checked with VRBO for you, and I did get some emails back at my work today saying that they do have condo units with handicap access located on the Gulf side of Florida. They wanted to know how many people would be staying and I just said from 2 to 10 so please send me pictures and a link for you. Have you had any other luck with the other posts or the bing.com thing I told you about? I wont be able to pick up anymore messages until I go back to work on Monday. Let me know any updates you have.
Hugs,
Kari

Kelly, how goes the vacation search? How fun to have family and friends to share the moments and to create the memories.

Because of "stuff" the beach rental search has been put to the side for a bit. So thankful for all of your help. Still going to surf the web..will let you know if I find anything good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back