Other
Country
HOL
State
AMS
City
AMs
Hi,

We all know that most people here are scared of twitching being an early ALS symptom. But we also know that most PALS don't start with twitching (alone) and that if twitching is your ONLY symptom you don't have much to worry.

1.But what about the cramps (and twitching)? Mine came later on, when my EMG was already taken. Is this progression? Is the clean EMG still a no ALS diagnosed even if you started cramping afterwards?

2.I've read over and over again that BCFS is an ALS mimic, but when can they rule it out for sure? They say when there is no progression, but what timeframe are they talking about?

3. Is it likely to get a BCFS diagnosed from a well trained neuro and afterwards they have to correct it to ALS? (so they made a mistake?)
Thank you

Relax man. If you don't have any weakness. ALS shouldn't be on your radar. I have clinical left arm weakness, twitching, cramping, breathing difficulties and people still tell me that ALS shouldn't be on the top of my list.

You just have twitching and cramping and no weakness. FORGET ABOUT ALS. TRUST ME BROTHER. YOU DON'T HAVE ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back