Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Savannah
Sadly, my husband who was diagnosed January 31, 2013 lost his battle with ALS on November 27. Though this was a difficult year, I would gladly attend to all the details of his care all over again. My daughter quit her job to stay home with him in the later stage and my two sons assisted me in changing, moving, lifting, feeding, and anything else that was needed. I cannot say enough about this forum. It provided us with infinite details of care that we would not have found anywhere else. It is my prayer that God be with all of you and your families and that somehow, someway, there will be a cure for this monstrous disease. Please keep writing, talking, and sharing because it gives the rest of us hope.

Cree Smith

Cree, I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. I wish you an abundance of grace and peace.

Cree, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending prayers of comfort and strength for you and your family. God bless.

God bless you, and your beautiful family.

So sorry for your loss. Now at least he is free from all the constrictions of ALS. You will be with him again one day in the future. I realize this is my view but hopefully it will help you at this difficult and sad time for you and your family.

I'm so sorry. We are very near the end and I'm contemplating leaving my job as well. What an honor he was with your family in the end.

So sorry for your families loss, but I know that your husband knew he was loved. I too have given up my job to care for my husband, he is my priority, and I have been blessed that I can afford to. You got great kids, and you have a right to be very proud.

He has taken all your love and the love of the family with him. Peace to you and the family.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. You have been blessed with loving and caring children.

Dear Cree: Very sorry for your loss. My brother lost his battle Sat Dec 7th. He had bulbar onset, first symptom in June and diagnosed in October. Not sure I've ever heard of someone going that quick. God is merciful. We have a strong family support system also and it's so great that your kids loved him that much to make sacrifices. Grief is work and now the work has to begin. This forum has helped me a lot also. Take care, Beverly

Very sorry for your loss, let's keep praying for a cure for this miserable disease!

So sorry for your loss. I wish peace and love to your family.

Please take care...

So very sorry for your loss...thoughts and prayers your way!

So sorry for your loss. Peace and healing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back