• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
This post breaks my heart. I am so sorry Barbie for your loss of Lonny. But, am so relieved that he passed away so peacefully. I am praying that will be the case also for my father. Thank you for your friendship to all of us on here Barbie. You have been wonderful support to us all. I wish there was more we could all do to comfort you. But, please know I as well as many of us on here send our love and prayers your way. Hugs, Kim

Been off the site for a few days and was totally shocked to read your post. It was slow coming... and then so fast. At least it does sound as though he went peacefully. Condolences and prayers...

I thank you all for your support. I am numb right now...it is so hard to accept that he is gone. all the arrangements are made and my friends and family are rallying around me with support. I feel a deep sorrow for what is not ever going to be--not really grief but I know that will come soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMTKb-pgxGI

Beautiful song, Barbie! And he will stay in your heart forever. Be patient with yourself-the numbness will be with you for a long time, as you look for ways to fill all the hours you cared for him. So glad the family is there supporting you. You know your forum friends are supporting you in our thoughts. Hug, dear Warrior Barbie. Donna

Oh my gosh Barbie. I just logged on, just to see how you were all doing. What a shock this must be for you. My deepest, deepest condolences at the passing of Lonny. You have been his rock all these years. There may be some comfort that he is now at peace but your heart must be broken in two. Thinking of you and sending you love, strength and peace.

Barbie,
Even though we know it is coming, we are never ready when it actually happens.
I am thinking about you and sending you love and hugs.
Cheryl

Barbie, logging on and seeing this made my heart skip a beat. I am so very sorry for your loss. Words seem so inadequate at a time like this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you find some peace in knowing that he is finally free of this disease that takes so very much.
~Kaye

Dear Barbie,
Just read this. So very sorry for your loss. My heart grieves for you, Barbie. You've been such an example of self-giving love over many years. It was moving to read that Lonny's last minutes were marked by smiles, laughter and soaking in the water, which he liked to do. May you be strengthened and comforted in these sorrowful days.
- Charlene

Barbie,
I'm so sorry to hear about Lonny. You (and him, off camera) have been a beacon of strength and purpose here. Resting in a soak, he was at peace and felt warm and loved. All best wishes on the journeys ahead for you and your family.

--Laurie

Oh Barbie, I am shocked! Laurie said it so well. Ditto!
You have been a leader and supporter for him, your business and all of us.

Thank you, Amazing warrier lady.

Hugs,
Sherry

Barbie the song is just beautiful.
I hope a memory of happy times makes you smile today.
God bless, Janelle x

Barbie, how are you doing?

Thinking of you this morning as you walk this new road. Hope your warrior strength is seeing you through this loss.

I am so sad for your loss. The story of the love and strength of the two of you had touched me deeply, and will continue to be an inspiration to me.

I'm sorry Barbie, for you and Lonnie. May you find peace and comfort

Just came from the funeral for Barbie's PALS. Lonny was obviously well loved and popular, an exceedingly generous and compassionate man. Lots of people told happy stories told through tears. At the end, they played "We Are The Champions." Wonderful ceremony.

Some people are described as half-full or half-empty; Lonny was overflowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back