Diagnosis
06/2017
Country
US
State
NC
City
Winterville
Well here we are, Christmas Eve. Barbara's husband passed away December 3. After an emergency hospital stay and assessment, he told her he was ready to "go home". Barbara is coping remarkably well. She has a wonderful support team in family and friends....including me and my husband who have lost our own late spouses. We only live 4 minutes apart. The law enforcement community has rallied for her, and provided full law-enforcement honors for the funeral. Christmas will be very different this year, but we all remain joyful in the season. After all, it's pretty stinking awesome that he gets to celebrate Christmas with the Birthday Boy Himself!! And gets to sing Christmas Carols with the angels!! It doesn't get any better than that! Barbara has donated all of the medical equipment back to the local ALS closet, and in lieu of flowers requested memorial donations to our local ALS clinic and Hospice. We want to take this special time to extend our deepest, most heartfelt gratitude to all of you who read the posts and responded with empathy, caring, and amazing advice, suggestions, and information. We wish you ALL the blessings of the season and hope, peace, strength, comfort, and joy for 2020.

Very sorry, sister. Barbara and her husband have been lucky to have you in their corner. Please convey our wishes for peace and strength to Barbara, and accept the same for yourself.

Best,
Laurie

Very sorry for the loss but glad he is free. Wishing you and Barbara peace and strength.

My condolences to your family.

So sorry. Wishing you all peace.

So sorry for your loss. Blessings to you and your sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back