Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
i feel dizzy. when i stand, i must lean on something.
what seems to be most likely cause of this problem?
unbalanced power in legs/legs, strength different, 90% time in bed, als in everyone, or something else?

Dizzy like lightheaded? Maybe blood pressure dropping when you stand? Dizzy can be many things but that is not unusual. Especially if you sit / lie down a lot

Step #1 is to increase your fluid intake

Step #2 is to spend more time upright. If you are able to stand, try using a walker so you won’t fall.

yes, that is what ive been told by personel, but she doesnt know that my right leg is app 15% and left is app25%- it starts when i get off a chair, especially when i walk. i'm in sanatorium now. small room, no chance to not to lie. excercises are 1 hour / day, and gym is locked. thinking about leaving. waiting for 3rd spirometry.

Last edited:
I’ve found that if I’m standing and need to look up or do some exertion like putting on my coat, I wobble and feel off balance. My PT thinks it’s because my core muscles are really weak. I try to have my hands on my rollator if I’m up now. Trying to decorate the tree was a nightmare. Tried it with my cane but my hands are weak so it took both hands and the cane would drop. Rollator/walker was the best solution. So if that’s the kind of dizzy you are you should be sure to have a stable surface to hang on to.

Drink lots of fluid. It might not be ALS related. If it's orthostatic hypotension, have the nurse take your blood pressure lying down, then when you start to feel dizzy standing up. I have always had very low blood pressure and I make sure I get enough sodium and hydration.

Dizziness can be caused by all kinds of things. I have a vestibular disorder so I'm dizzy most of the time. Use the rollator and make sure you are very careful transferring from the bed to a chair or to your feet.

you gave me an answer, thanks. core muscles deteriorated differently, so i am just like boat on the sea.

There’s a work around for almost everything. You’ll find what works for you. Be careful and hang in there!

Tammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back